Monday, June 27, 2005

Cookouts, Movies, etc.

We had a pretty decent weekend. Friday night we hit the mall again to find me something to wear to the wedding this coming weekend. We finally found something. I got this skirt that hits me about the knee (it actually covers my knee. Good thing b/c they are majorly bruised from softballs. Anyway, after we found the skirt I had the job of finding a top to go with it. I knew it needed to be a cream colored top. I tried a couple. One I liked it was a halter, but the belly part was rather see through and I just decided it was not right for the wedding. I ended up finding this cream/irovy colored tank top w/ beading at the bust at Express. I love that store. Some of the beading were goldish, which added more compliment to my skirt. We decided that I needed something to wear over it at least to the wedding and ended up finding one of those black shrugs type things. It is about 1/2 length sleeves and ties right below my boobs and looks pretty nice. I will get a pic on Saturday and post this weekend.

Saturday morning we got up and had a fairly lazy day around the house. I dusted and swept the house. We left around 3:00 to head south to my youngest sister's house for a cookout. It was a nice time. They had fried chicken, which I literally haven't eaten in forever. It was good, but I knew it was so bad eating it. They made homemade cookie dough blizzards for everyone for dessert. I'm normally not a huge fan of cookie dough, but there were quite good.

Sunday we got up and headed to the 11:30 showing of Mr. &* Mrs. Smith. It was a good movie. Very funny, too. And that Brad Pitt...well, I don't even have to tell you. After the movie we headed to the grocery store for a few things. When we got home I threw some baked beans in a crockpot and rested on the couch for a while. We had our neighborhood cookout that started at 4:00. Not as many people came as we thought would, but it was also super hot out and we noticed several neighbors weren't even home. Most of the people that did come were all within age of the rest of us, so it was nice to meet people our age. There were 2 older men that came and we had fun talking to them. One older lady stopped by to introduce herself. It was a good time. We sat around for about 3 1/2 hours just chatting and eating. It was a nice time. When we got home we spent the rest of the evening on the couch relaxing.

About 9:30 someone knocked on our door. It was the lady who lives behind us. She was letting some of us know that her neighbor (who also lives right behind us) almost had her house broken into Saturday night. Apparently a couple of guys tried to pry open her sliding glass door, but she heard them and called the police. She is an older lady and there is also a "for sale" sign in her yard, so they think they might have though no one lived there. Who knows?! Its quite scary though b/c our backyards literally connect at the top of a little hill/easement. We have a piece of wood we put in our sliding door, but we normally don't do it at night, only when we are gone. Obviously we will now. We got a motion detector light for our backyard about 2 months ago so that makes us feel a little better, too. Our neighborhood is becoming a place that I don't want to be in much longer. Thankfully we are thinking only 1-2 more years max. Believe me that this will not come soon enough. I feel a little better meeting some of our neighbors, but the other neighborhood that connects with ours has so many WT people. Ugh!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

After meeting your dogs, I don't think you'd have much of a problem even without the wood. They've got a pretty good bark, I don't think a robber would want to try out the bite!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend, except the break-in news. I also enjoyed Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I saw Bewitched this weekend and it was such a cute movie.