Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Hail Canada!

Eric got these really nice beach chairs a while back and they are canadian mist. They said it on the arms and then they have this huge maple leaf on the backs of each of the chairs. They were so nice that we weather-proofed them and put them on our front porch. We've had a few neighbors ask if we are canadians or supporters. It annoyed the hell out of me at first and I told Eric I wanted to move them to the back. Now I just think it's funny so they are staying up front. I'm sure it will be brought up at the neighborhood block party at the end of July.

Oh, maybe I didn't mention that on here yet. So, yea, we are having this neighborhood block party towards the end of July. The neighbor across the street & I handed out fliers even. I sure hope people come. I have to figure out some stuff to bring, too. Hmmm... Anyone have good ideas on what to take to a cookout that is ok to sit out and not be too cold? I do have a crockpot I could take, too. Please let me know if you do! I need some help! :)

We are so busy right now, it's crazy. We had a softball game last night and I was catcher again. I actually smiled when they said "Erica - Catcher". Eric rolled his eyes, but damn do I get a good workout. hee hee It is all about me right? I got in trouble last night, too (which is becoming a norm per game). Grrr! I was at bat and had 3 balls, 0 strikes. They told me to not swing at the next pitch in hopes of me getting walked. You can see where this is heading. Yep, it was a great pitch and I swung. Apparently it threw the team off b/c I also got on base. They were giving me a hard time about it, but I stand my ground. It was a good pitch and I want to hit if I can. I made it to first, same as if I walked. I jut got there a little faster. I could see if it was a guy b/c if a guy walks then the girl behind him can walk, too. Anway, they got over it and I'll probably do it again if given the option. :)

Next week's game should be interesting. The 3rd base girl is going to be gone, but we do have a back up girl. I told them I could do it, but they don't think I can make the throw. Well, hell, I haven't played in 4-5 years, but if they would have asked me to work on it and practicing throwing we would have. O'well, maybe I'll be catcher again. Oh, so obviously I'm not the player I used to be, but with a little practice I'll be back up to par. We have 2 egotistical bastards that run the team, so there isn't much I can do. I'm just glad I'm playing. I shouldn't complain too much.

No comments: