Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Stick was soooo M-I-N-E!!!

We went to the Dave Matthew's Concert last night and it was freaking A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Not that I'm surprised. We were 6 rows back, stage right. We are both deaf this morning. Because these tix were from Eric's company we also have VIP passes. We got there and took a fast walk around the grounds then sat in the VIP lounge for a while. Our waitress was a sweet older lady and we ended up buying her ritter's custard b/c she had never had it. She brought us some free waters and some popcorn later. Anyway, the beginning band, Robert Randolph & the Family Band started about 7, but we didn't head down there until about 7:15. They were a really good group, too and a lot of fun. We got to see about 30 minutes of the though and would see them again. Dave was suppose to start at 8:05, but the dark clouds started rolling in and about 8:25 it cut loose w/ lightening & rain. It passed pretty quickly though and soon after Dave started. They put on an awesome show, what else can I say?

We had a few issues, but that always happens to us, so we expected it. First off, the guy next to us was quite chatty. He was a nice guy though and we talked a few times throughout the show. He had also came the night before. He had a bag of herb, but he was too close to security to smoke it. Before the show was up he said the show was too good to get smashed and offered us his herb. (We declined) Next we that musical chairs w/ the 2 seats beside us. They were Eric's company, too, but not anyone Eric worked with. They were trading tix w/ their friends so we probably saw 20 different people in those seats. One guy who came down was maybe 18 and he barely made it to his seat before puking, which really pissed me off. Then there was Barney Fife who had to keep checking everyone's ticket everytime he walked down the aisle. It was really ridiculous.

It rained during the last few songs and on our way out to the car and yes, I had a white shirt on and no bra! HA

Now the highlight of my life...... Drum roll please.... (Pun intended)

After the show ended the guys came back out and threw a few things in the crowd. The drummer threw his drumstick right at me and these bastards became superman, almost ripping my left boob off and smashing my left arm and stole my drumstick! I should have kicked the guy while he was down picking it off the ground, but I'm too nice I guess, plus my boob was throbbing. Eric was on the other side of me, so he would have had to trample me to get it, too. It touched me fingers even! I was so pissed after the show!

All in all, I didn't really want the stick, but it was thrown at me and was mine, so that little fucker that has it now, the little schmuck w/ curly brown nappy hair in ponytail, well, I hope you enjoy it, but always know you beat up a girl to get it. Asshole :)

I want to go home and go back to bed now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - too funny! But WAY cool!! I am a HUGE Dave fan! Very envious here. Glad you had a good time all in all. LOL about the "herb"